About the team
Our Product team is composed by strategic thinkers and influencers who share one overarching goal: make innovation happens.
At Smart, this team is the critical bridge between technical solutions, design and business: it gathers the needs of end-users, evaluates market trends and our competition, uses this information to identify what features bring the most value to our clients and transform it into actionable roadmaps and drives developments with the engineering team.
A hundred of billions USD market is currently shifting from traditional TV advertising execution to digital and addressable advertising. In this context, Smart is aiming at offering an independent alternative to the technology platform of the GAFA for broadcasters, telcos and CTV applications publishers to keep control of their advertising and data transactions platform. Smart has a unique track record in building advertising technology & data infrastructure. We are the only independent and fully integrated advertising operating system for publishers offering advanced ad management & yield optimization capabilities as well as a mature monetization platform. With a strong video track record, we are reinforcing our Video Product Line by looking for our new TV & Video Product Manager.
Reporting directly to our Head of Video Products, you will be the cornerstone of the success of this strategic project for Smart by managing the Video roadmap delivery in collaboration with a dedicated development team located in Paris and Krakow. Product Managers are responsible for the entire product lifecycle management on their functional scope and are animating their Feature Team to ensure on time quality delivery of ready to use products to Smart clients, up to and including their adoption by Smart Operations teams:
- Organize Feature Team development tasks backlog and maintain them allong with their purpose
- Build and defend the Feature team roadmap in collaboration with the Head of Video Products by collecting needs from various sources (focus on the “what” as opposed to the “how”) and gathering market and competitive knowledge, always factoring an explicit cost, quality, delay analysis.
- Transform this roadmap into precise functional specifications and collaborate with the development team to elaborate and deliver the technical implementation.
- Receive any feature development, adaptation or other such requests originating internally or externally (through Client-facing teams) and provide timely feedback and visibility on requests to requestors.
- Analyze and prioritize any urgent requests, factoring an explicit cost, quality, delay analysis against the roadmap. Adapt the rest of the roadmap as required, while still keeping track of the initial goal and long term vision.
- Validate developments in collaboration with QA engineers by writing and running scenarios to serve in user acceptance tests.
Feature Team Management
- Steer Feature Teams as Project Manager, tracking progress and ensuring accountability for deadlines and functional requirements. Track roadmap metrics and challenge performance as required.
- Organize Feature Teams Scrum ceremonies and get actively involved in technical design discussions.
- Ensure the Feature Teams have a genuine understanding of functional needs, use cases, and expected ROI. Provide context as appropriate.
- Provide peer feedback about Feature Team performance to Product and R&D Management for continuous learning and improvement.
- Collect feedback on Feature team developments and loop back to Feature Teams. Ensure ROI analysis (set and track metrics) and transfer of Business knowledge to the Tech teams.
Feature Roll Out
- Facilitate the conversion of Technical Documentation into Client Documentation.
- Ensure and follow-up deliverables quality in collaboration with the Dev team and dedicated QA engineers.
- Facilitate the conversion and promotion of Feature team developments into Client Marketing material by ensuring a constant line of communication with the Product Marketing team.
- Plan any implementation constraints associated with new feature team developments by creating strong communication lines with Global Operations.
- Train, or train trainers, and evangelize internally in order to achieve maximum awareness and adoption of new Feature team developments by the client facing teams.
- Coordinate adoption and revenue KPIs definition and monitoring needs with the Data Analysts team.
Communication and Information Management
- Act as the primary interface in between Dev teams and Client-facing teams.
- Build a strong trust relationship with your key internal stakeholders.
- Report on roadmap progress to Product Leadership as well as Sales & Operations teams, keeping Marketing in the loop to ensure optimal preparedness by all parties.
- Stay abreast of any market trends and competitive insights that could affect the Feature Team scope and priorities. Share relevant information with Marketing, Product and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Collaborate and communicate with other PMs to ensure alignment and identification of any cross-team opportunities or dependencies ahead of and all along the development cycle.
- Master degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- 3-5 years experience in Product Management in an agile organization
- Strong analytical skills and methodology
- Ability to build strong relationships across departments
- Commitment to push ideas and projects end-to-end
- Tech curiosity and ability to solve complex problems in a fast moving environment
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Extra Awesome SkillsExperience in the AdTech industry with a deep understanding of products, ideally video specific challenges
- Experience with Atlassian software suite (Jira, Confluence, …)
- Technical background in software development
Headquartered in France, Smart employs over 420 employees in 12 countries in Europe, America, and Asia. The company is backed by private equity, led by Capital Croissance through a management buyout operation in 2019.
With the recent acquisitions of LiquidM (2019) and DynAdmic (2021), Smart accelerates its growth in three key areas – CTV&OTT, US expansion & Marketer Services.
The company is ranked on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA and in the Financial Times’ FT 1000: Europe’s Fastest-Growing Companies. Smart has been awarded the HappyIndex@Work label and is proud to be among the best companies in the ChooseMyCompany ranking, recognized for its flexible working environment.
Smart works directly with hundreds of buyers and more than 1,000 publishers worldwide including Meredith, Insider, The Guardian, Cafe Media, Groupe Marie Claire, Le Figaro, Altice, and PlutoTV to deliver display, video, native, and rich-media ads to over 50,000 sites and apps.
Thanks to its holistic ad monetization platform (Adserver/SSP/Buyer Tools/DSP), brands can achieve greater efficiency through their advertising spend and publishers can act with certainty and have the control they need to provide the right blend of transaction models, channels, format (Display, Audio, Video, CTV, Mobile) and audience data to deliver true value path optimization to brands. Come and lead the charge with us in building a transparent ecosystem based on quality.
To apply click here.