We are Onyx by Outbrain.
Prestigious digital media companies around the world trust Outbrain as their primary engagement partner and platform. As a result, we give advertisers the tools to reach a huge and highly engaged audience in the most trusted editorial and premium environments. Outbrain works exclusively with many of the world’s largest media properties, including CNN, Sky News, NY Post, MSN, Daily Mail, Fox News, Vox and many thousands more reaching 1 Billion unique visitors monthly.
Now, we’re evolving our business to launch a new sub-brand and product offering called Onyx by Outbrain: it’s a new branding platform designed to use our heritage in predicting engagement to help brands maximize attention across the open web.
Onyx is wholly separate from the Outbrain you know today. Onyx is a programmatic -first offering in a dedicated, environment of viewable, in-article placements, featuring rich video and display experiences that drive greater audience attention and impact. These placements are completely incremental and exclusive to Onyx.
Most importantly, Onyx leverages our powerful prediction technology in a new way — predicting the moments likely to drive attention, by ingesting 1 billion context and interest signals per minute. The attention Onyx delivers is verified and measured by Adelaide, leading attention measurement platform.
Outbrain is seeking a highly motivated and passionate Agency Sales Director (Omnicom Group) to help accelerate our growing agency business. The ideal candidate has strong relationships across levels, teams and accounts in the Omnicom Group. You’ll be able to build new relationships, be resourceful and creative to connect our offering to relevant clients and clearly communicate Outbrain’s value proposition. We are committed to finding a consultative dealmaker with the ability to source new clients and build a strong revenue pipeline, turning prospects into partners
A day in the life:
On the Outside: As an integral member of the Agency Sales Team, you will drive the relationships with top agency holding companies across accounts with a consultative approach and customer-centric vision. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining trusted contacts with new business clients to drive revenue and build long term partnerships. You are tenacious, using your problem solving and collaborative skills to find ways around objections to create meaningful opportunities. Your positive attitude and passion to win will keep you motivated to continue to meet with new teams and people to clearly communicate Outbrain’s value proposition and to adapt based on each meeting and your client’s needs.
On the Inside: Collaboration, Accountability, Transparency and Trust would be your pillars. You will work very closely with the MD Northern Europe, Head of Agency Sales and the client support teams who will be your business partners, with the common goal of ensuring high service, results and revenue growth. You’ll meet with people of different experiences and backgrounds including international teams to share insights and wins. You’ll make an impact, and your market feedback will continuously help us to put the best offering to our clients.
What you’ll bring:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in digital media sales with a focus on programmatic and video specifically with agencies.
- You have a deep understanding of the agency landscape, with a track record of delivering results.
- You have a proven track record of fostering relationships with agency teams and a well-regarded reputation in the market
- You think strategically, and use a consultative sales approach, with the ability to adapt easily in different environments and with different contacts.
- Motivated and driven with a relentless work ethic. You thrive in a hunter role, always moving towards your next big win.
- You’re a team player and work collaboratively across internal peers, support teams and leadership, with the goal of helping increase revenue.
- The ability to meet in person with clients as often as possible.
- Work from the London office 3 days a week.
- You embody our key values of Tenacity, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Passion
More than Snacks:
- Office and home hybrid working
- Be part of our success with our equity program
- Wellbeing benefits like Medical, Life & Income Protection Insurance, enhanced pension programme
- Expand your toolbox with our mentorship program and internal learning tools
- Happy hours & office lunch once a week
- …and of course a fully stocked kitchen!
We Recommend #LifeAtOutbrain
Outbrain is an equal employment opportunity employer and committed to diversity and inclusion at all stages of recruitment and employment.
Our company culture is welcoming, dynamic, diverse, global, and built on top performance.
Did you know « trust » is one of our core values? We apply this value to our day-to-day by working collaboratively on a global scale. With managers and teammates often sitting in other countries and time zones, we value communication, patience, and open-mindedness to all cultural backgrounds. We encourage all ideas, and everyone gets a seat at the table!
Our team is made up of individuals who are approachable, resourceful, passionate, and proactive. We foster a sense of belonging through our Employee Resource Groups –employee-led groups in which we debate topics and drive change. From OB Green (environmental), OB WE (women empowerment), OB Good (charitable initiatives) to OB4E (diversity, equity, and inclusion), you’ll be able to share your passions with likeminded people.
Dive into the Outbrain experience via our Instagram account!